At In Home Stone, we carry a diverse selection of the largest and finest quality marble found in Maryland and the surrounding areas. We get our marble slabs from Brazil, Italy, Spain and the United States. We work with the most reputable and robust quarries to source stunning natural stone that is delivered directly to us. Serving as both supplier and distributor enables us to pass the value directly to you.
Marble Countertops in Maryland
With In Home Stone, you have multiple choices when it comes to your stone countertops. If your style leans towards timeless elegance, marble might be the material for you. Marble is a soft stone, making it is easy to work. Because marble is formed by heat and pressure reacting to limestone or dolomite, each marble slab is completely unique and contains a wide variety of hues and patterns.
Marble is often used in master bathrooms and foyers as the appearance of a well-crafted marble countertop can truly give your kitchens and bathrooms a luxurious and sophisticated feel. The bright whites, as well as minimal streaks and veins, provides a classic look that many people have adores over the years. If you’re not a fan of white being the main color, marble countertops can actually come in a variety of colors. With proper maintenance and care, your marble surfaces can look as great as the day they were installed.
Marble countertops last a lifetime, so that you don’t ever have to worry again about replacing or repairing old countertops in your home. They are incredibly durable and require minimal maintenance. They can withstand your children’s spills, accidents and mishaps that often accompany their day-to-day shenanigans. Think about all the hot cups of coffee, wine and even slicing knives that have spilled or dropped and damaged your relatively weak countertops. With marble countertops, you won’t ever have to worry about the time-consuming task of repeatedly roughly cleaning and repairing your countertop ever again.
Working with In Home Stone means you never have to compromise on quality to get the best price for your investment. Check out some of your natural stone options by viewing our gallery or by viewing our sample slabs.
Wonder where to begin with a marble countertop project?
- Typically, if you’re working on a kitchen, the cabinets and countertops dictate the marble selection. The reverse is true when working on a bathroom, where the shower and wall drive the choice of countertop (not always, but it is a good place to start).
- Choosing marble countertops can be overwhelming- there are thousands of possibilities. This is where one of the staff designers can help you. If you have some selections made, such as cabinet color, paint or stone, please bring those samples with you. If you have inspiration photos, feel free to bring those as well.
- You will be assigned one of our knowledgeable designers who will discuss the scope and timing of your project as well as design, color palette, functionality, and budget.
- The designer will work with you on the marble selection and the layout of the marble as well as matching caulk and grout. As needed, sketches may be provided.
- If you make a marble selection and have the dimensions of your project, you will likely have a same day estimate.
- Once you have selected your marble, we can provide you with an estimate for marble installation or we work with your marble setter or builder to provide quantities.
Q: What if I am working on my own?
A: While we work with designers, builders, and architects, we have vast experience assisting homeowners from the selection of their material to the installation.
Q: Do I need to make an appointment?
A: We do encourage appointments so that we can dedicate an on-staff designer to work with you and discuss your project needs. However, you are welcome to stop by and browse our showroom, which is broken up into distinct areas featuring natural stone, porcelain and ceramic, and mosaics and glass at your leisure.
Q: What should I bring with me to my first appointment?
A: If available, please bring your project’s plans. Any sample materials you have already selected, such as cabinets and countertops (if applicable) will be helpful. Additionally, please bring any photos you have collected of your preferences (as well as your dislikes), perhaps from Pinterest and Houzz accounts. Or, feel free to bring your Pinterest and Houzz account information with you, so you can access them on our Design Center kiosk.
Q: What is the typical lead time to order marble countertops?
A: We have some marble countertops in stock and available immediately. Most marble is available within a week, however some special order marble may take anywhere from three to twelve weeks.
Q: Is tile delivered to the job site?
A: Typically the builder or the homeowner picks up the marble countertops. Depending on scheduling, we can deliver the marble for a fee.
Q: What else do I need for my tile project?
A: We can provide all the materials for your marble countertop installation and marble surfacing in Annapolis MD. We carry many setting materials, water proofing systems, heated floor systems, Schluter edging, thinset, caulk, and grout.